Monday, May 24, 2010

Tell me you love them too! eehee

Found these gorgeous images on Vmagazine.com
They are taken by Nirrimi Hakanson from Melbourne.
In her words..." i'm a seventeen year old who is loud through images, who wants to be a part of the future of photographic and youth culture. i am daughter to an aboriginal artist and a swedish-australian hippie and am originally from townsville, north queensland- where it is always summer. 
i started taking pictures of my sister at age thirteen and never stopped.

i like pretty young things that i pull from the streets and film (i call what i shoot digital film, because it still has the colour). the sun is my lighting, the clouds my diffusers and i find studio images bland. if you want to be original you have to shoot outside the (literal) box. i want be a traveller and live, photographing realness.

last year i became agency signed, shot a commissioned editorial for my favourite magazine and came first in the photography division of qantas spirit of youth and youth week awards. this year sees me shooting in new york and releasing a book. and next i want to write and create films. live dreams + be real!"



She is TALENTED!! I love her potrait shoots












Pictures via Vmagazine.com


Till next time xxxxxxxxx

3 comments: